Friday, July 13, 2007

Everybody loves Raymond..

Why can't lives of real people be like that of Raymond? He has legendary fights with his wife, the kinds that could end marriages, and yet, somehow, they're all real funny, helped by those background laughs. I think putting those fake background laughs in real people's lives could make their fights funny too.

Isn't it amazing that no matter how bad his fights get, they're still always settled inside those half hour episodes? They somehow always kiss and make up, or.. atleast kiss anyway.

Now I dont wanna be someone who gets jacked over and over and over by his wife, mom, dad, brother and whoever else crosses his path.. but I sure want things to end on a high note in every episode of my life. It sometimes reminds me of a thing that my dad once told me, that just stuck. After one of those wars with my sis, when we were both mighty upset, he came up to me and said "Finish all your fights by midnight each day.. don't carry them into the next day." It seemed to work almost everytime I consciously tried to settle things before the day ended. But soon I stopped trying cos people were either too pissed off all the time, or I found myself apologizing way too often of things that I thought were not my fault, and that probably wasn't good for my ego. But anyway, I'm sure I'd be more peaceful if I had kept doing that, eventually people would've realised what was going on.

Anyway, I wish I can get back to where I can see the funny side of everything, play those background laughs in my head to help me maybe, maybe talk funny things inside my head like those guys do in scrubs, ..simply cos I prefer being funny than being mad. Somehow, I'd just like to end each episode on a high.
"Life's too short to be pissed off all the time"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...its a very interesting thought..but somehow i cant imagine *laughs* and *applauses* while i talk something that, thought amusing for others is quite serious for me...

And yea..somehow people are pissed off almost all the time (including me of late)

 
eXTReMe Tracker